[Nut-upsuser] Re: Powerware 5119 = Exide NETUPS SE = Deltec name was PowerRite Pro II

Karl Schmidt karl@xtronics.com
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:01:18 -0500

Hi Kjell

Kjell Claesson wrote:
> Hi Karl
>
>>There is a way to wire into the serial port trafic and watch the conversation
>>with a second computer port - there should also be a way to do the same in
>>software??
>>

> It's plane ASCII so you can try to sen this commands to the ups.
> The line settings should be 9600,n,8,1 but you can check the port
> what the driver set it to.

I am talking to it with minicom - but if I issue a UPCL (could CL = Commands
List???)

I get
UPSS
UPDS
UPDV
UPTP
UPSN
UPPN
UPSD
UPCD
UPPC
UPPU
UPIS
UP??
UPEA
UPDA
UPCL

And it fails to respond to UPLC or ACLC

I'm guessing that:
UPSS is System status
UPDS is System Data?
UPTP returns type - or system model name?
UPSD - 0 shows shutdown delay (is this the time to wait from power failure?)
Which outlet?
UPSN returns serial number
UPPN returns part number
UPIS runs front panel test

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Misdirection is the key to being a good magician. Magicians tell
you they are doing something while they do something quite
different; much like politicians -- except we can afford magicians.
-KPS