[Nut-upsuser] APC Powerchute Network Shutdown, or APC Symmetra

Russell Uman russ@firebus.com
Fri Jul 8 02:44:11 UTC 2005

Hello.

We've got an APC Symmetra with a network management card.

We'd like to run Powerchute Network Shutdown on some of our older Linux servers, but no dice.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to make NUT work with the network mangement card (it's a TCP connection, not SNMP or cable), or
knows of any alternate PCNS clients

Also, I was wondering if anyone on the list has had a good experience with NUT and the Symmetra using serial cable.

Thanks!

--
russell  uman
    firebus