[Nut-upsuser] Re: PowerCom Smart King SMK-1000

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Wed Jul 20 14:41:23 UTC 2005

> I've tried the Fenton Driver for my UPS. The Powercom driver doesn't work.
>
> Here is the results:
>
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.0
> Network UPS Tools - Fenton UPS driver 1.21 (2.0.0)
> Unknown ups - please report this ID string: #PCM             SMK-1000   2001
> V9.0
> Detected Unknown MK-1000 on /dev/ttyS0
>
> Have you any ideas to make it compartible with NUT.

There should be 2 ways, also I don't know the internals
of fentonups nor powercom (ie do both use the megatec
protocol?):

1) extending powercom: I've cc'ed Simon as he should have
more to tell about this (Simon, please subscribe to the
new mailing lists)

2) extending fentonups, with your above ID string, following
the examples in fentonups.h (search for "devices which don't
implement...") and the tech specs of your unit.

Arnaud
---
... and much more ...