[Nut-upsuser] Re: Computer doesn't shutdown, only broadcasts a message to say low battery

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Thu Jul 21 07:08:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I have a Liebert Powersure Personal XT 700 and have followed the
> installation instructions from here
> I have seen the hardware list and know my ups isn't listed so I'm not
> expecting great things.

> broadcast message saying the battery is low. `/usr/local/ups/bin/upsc
> myupsname at localhost ups.status` gives "OL LB", when the battery is low.

this problem comes from the fact that your unit isn't
well supported.

To launch a shutdown, upsmon need to be instructed
first with an "OB" flag, and then an "OB LB".
Otherwise, if you have "OL LB", you might have rebooted,
and the system don't need to be shutdown as the power
is present... So we clearly can't shutdown upon "OL LB"...

So the only solution for you is to look at the driver you've used
(BTW, which one did you use?), and to adapt it to better handle
your UPS... As a temporary solution, you might have a look at
upssched to handle your situation, and shutdown upon "OL LB",
calling "upsmon -c fsd"

Arnaud
---
... and much more ...