[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Protection Center and Suse

arnaud.quette@mgeups.com arnaud.quette@mgeups.com
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:36:38 +0200

> > there are several issues with SuSE / Novell, I've mostly solved
> > with the new Personal Solution Pac and associated packages...
>
> My Problem is that i can=B4t use the PSP because on my Server is no
> X-Server running .

ok, so no PSP, just NUT...

> > Your issue should be with USB file permissions and hotplug
> > files (see newhidups manpage, section INSTALLATION).
> > You basically need to copy nut/scripts/hotplug/libhidups (+ chmod
> > a+x) and libhid.usermap). Then unplug / replug the USB cord,
> > and restart NUT.
>
> I Have already done this.

thanks to send back:
- output of "ls -lR /proc/bus/usb"
- output of "lsusb"
- output of "ls -l /etc/hotplug/usb/"
- output of "rpm -q nut"
- files: /etc/ups/*

> > But prefer to register to the PSP Beta Test, and follow the
> > installation procedure:
> > http://www.mgeups.com/products/pdt230/software/sp97/solpaclinux.htm=

> I am already Beta Tester

right, sorry. You should have contacted us directly for support.
That's another interest of being an MGE customer.

> Hope you got another Idea

of course.

Be sure to use nut 2.0.2 as I've made important
changes to newhidups in this release...

So, if not already done, install the NUT packages from MGE:
http://opensource.mgeups.com/suse/RPMS/i586/nut-2.0.2-1.i586.rpm

then:
- validate that the right privileges are set on the /proc/bus/usb/XXX/Y=
YY
You can get XXX and YYY for lsusb output (ie Bus 002 Device 001: ID 046=
3:ffff
give XXX =3D 002 and YYY =3D 001)
If it's not good, unplug / replug the USB UPS cord (maybe need a reboot=
,
as restarting hotplug seems not sufficient enough on SuSE).
- when the above is ok, stop NUT and validate newhidups is stopped
("/etc/init.d/ups stop" and "killall -9 newhidups" will ensure this)
- then "export USB_DEBUG=3D3", start newhidups in debug mode
("/usr/lib/ups/drivers/newhidups -DDDDD auto") and send us back
the output.

regards,
Arnaud
---