[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite smart1500 ups

Brian Mathis brian.mathis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:16:59 UTC 2005

Hello,

Does anyone know the settings to get this UPS talking to nut? I'm trying to
get it working over the serial port, and I've tried using genericups type 5.
When I do this, the driver seems to initialize, but then upsc shows the
status to be OB LB. When I unplugged the UPS, there was no change in the
status.

I noticed on the Tripp Lite web site that this uses a different cable. It is
the 73-0866 instead of 73-0844. It also says the protocol is Contact Closure
(NCNC). There is a table at the bottom of this page:
http://www.tripplite.com/support/download/PA12/help/device.htm

I was going to try probing the serial port lines, but does anyone know of a
utility to do this? Can you see the current status of the DTR/RTS/etc...
lines?

Thanks.