[Nut-upsuser] GPG key

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:03:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

not a so trivial question ;-)
Note that I'm preparing the necessary to document it online.

2005/10/5, mathe_karoly at bluewin.ch <mathe_karoly at bluewin.ch>:

> Hello everybody
>
> I'm new to NUT till now just listen.
> I want to install NUt and to check the package I need the gpg key.
> >From where can I dowload it to verify the package.

You'll need 3 things:
1) the data package itself, ie nut-2.0.3-pre1.tar.gz
2) the data signature, ie nut-2.0.3-pre1.tar.gz.sig
3) the release manager key, which can be obtained with
gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org <http://keyring.debian.org> --recv-key
0x204DDF1B

Once you've accomplished the 3 above steps, you can verify the data using:
gpg --verify data.sig data
ie:
gpg --verify nut-2.0.3-pre1.tar.gz.sig nut-2.0.3-pre1.tar.gz

And you'll get a message back stating wether it's a good or bad data package

Arnaud Quette