[Nut-upsuser] Maxxtro ups

Flavio sixdegreesoit at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 17 10:08:36 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I bought a (very) cheap maxxtro 600VA line interactive ups and i was trying to
make it work with nut. Since I thought it was a simple contact closure ups, I
tried all genericups drivers but none worked.

Some more information about the ups: I connect it with a usb cable (but it
also has a serial port) which is seen as a usb to serial converter:

USB HID v1.00 Gamepad [Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial] on
usb-0000:00:02.0-2

and can be accessed on /dev/ttyS1

It cames with WinPower software (which i tried on a windows machine) and it
can display ups status, battery charge and load connected, so it should not
be a simple contact closure ups.
Now the question is: is there a way to find out which driver should I use? Or
should I simply try them all untill i find the right one?

Many thanks,
Flavio