[Nut-upsuser] POWERDOWNFLAG Confusion..

John Moore jbm at microps.com
Tue Oct 18 01:26:37 UTC 2005

Greetings..

  Maybe someone could clear up a small confusion or uncertainty...

   Reading the various files I got the first impression that the file
(??) that holds POWERDOWNFLAG variable would be either located in the
/etc/killpower directory or (using the info from the RedHat scripts
directory) the /etc/sysconfig..  but further reading and a bit of guess
and by golly..

   I'm now thinking  that the ups file is pointing to a file called
"killpower" in the etc directory that will only be there if the power is
being shutdown "forcefully"  The file "ups" in the /etc/sysconfig is
simply telling the system where that file is...

   Is this correct..??

   In this area the docs make some assumptions that are vague for us
folks that don't do this full time..

   Thanks for any clarifications or confirmations..

    John..