[Nut-upsuser] Maxxtro ups

Flavio sixdegreesoit at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 19 08:42:32 UTC 2005

Alle 21:51, martedì 18 ottobre 2005, Charles Lepple ha scritto:
> Depending on your syslog.conf settings, you may only see the message
> in the output of dmesg.

I already looked at it: no luck...

> Also, the kernel driver may not expect your values for the USB VID/PID
> (vendor/product ID). What does 'lsusb -vvv' say for that device?
> (Also, the contents of /proc/bus/usb/devices can be helpful)

vendor and product id of my device are
  idVendor           0x0665
  idProduct          0x5161
but drivers listed in cypress_m8.h are

/* DeLorme Earthmate USB - a GPS device */
#define	VENDOR_ID_DELORME		 0x1163
#define PRODUCT_ID_EARTHMATEUSB		 0x0100

/* Cypress HID->COM RS232 Adapter */
#define VENDOR_ID_CYPRESS		 0x04b4
#define PRODUCT_ID_CYPHIDCOM		 0x5500
/* End of device listing */

Should i pass the right ones when modprobing the module? (but what options
does it accept? I can't find this anywhere.)
Or maybe this is the wrong driver? (by the way none of the 2.6.10 kernel
drivers has such vendor or product id).

However, here is the output (the relevant part) of lsusb
and /proc/bus/usb/devices:

# lsusb -vvv
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0665:5161
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x0665
  idProduct          0x5161
  bcdDevice            0.01
  iManufacturer           1 Cypress Semiconductor
  iProduct                2 USB to Serial
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           34
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          3
    bmAttributes         0x80
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Devices
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              4 Sample HID
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.00
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength      35
         Report Descriptors:
           ** UNAVAILABLE **
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval              32

# cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#=  4 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=0665 ProdID=5161 Rev= 0.01
S:  Manufacturer=Cypress Semiconductor
S:  Product=USB to Serial
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=usbhid
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=32ms

Thank you for your help
Flavio