[Nut-upsuser] Re: AMD64 upsmon problem

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:58:51 UTC 2005

Hi Andrzej,

2005/10/14, Andrzej Zawadzki <zawadaa at wp.pl>:

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > try "upsmon -D" to have more info and send it back.
> I was quite busy:

I'll soon have to create a new term: busier isn't enough ;-)

# upsmon -D
> Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.0.2
> UPS: apc at fabryka (slave) (power value 1)
> getpwnam((null)): Success

I think the problem might sit here.
upsmon tries to get the user name under which it should start.
and it's displayed as "null" here!

Questions:
- how did you installed NUT? (from source or package)
=> if from source, what did you put for <username> in the "configure
--with-user=<username>"? This default to nobody if you have not put
anything, so check a nobody user exists, or create one.
=> if from package, what system, URL of the packages, ...

# ps aux|grep ups
> #
>
> Nothing more...

we don't need more for the moment, just time to audit...

Arnaud