[Nut-upsuser] Re: PSP, Protection Center 500, NUT 2.0.2 and Gentoo

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Mon Sep 12 08:14:22 UTC 2005

Hi Christophe,

> I recently bought a MGE protection center 500.
>
> I am running a gentoo, and I am currently trying to enable the ups
> handling by the os, with no success.
>
> First, I compiled and installe nut 2.0.2 (with usb support) and psp
> 3.0. I made ebuild for them that I will submit soon to
> bugs.gentoo.org.

there is some work underway for Gentoo and NUT:newhidups/PSP
PSP need some changes to fully support that distribution.

Did you look at these links:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2663684.html
and most of all: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2663684.html

Your problem should be with the hotplug files, located in
nut/scripts/hotplug, that need to be installed for newhidups
to work. There are numerous threads on the upsusers list
on that subject, ie:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2005-August/000108.html
Note that you don't need step (3)

Regards,