[Nut-upsuser] What are some effective power status solutions?

Arjen de Korte arjen at de-korte.org
Mon Sep 12 14:46:53 UTC 2005

> I am looking for a solution to monitor the power OUTSIDE my datacenter.
> (The on/blackout status of main building power).

[...]

> Anyone have any sample output of this or other UPS unit?   Or any other
> ideas for this sort of monitoring?

Since you only need a status signal and not a full UPS function, I would
hook up to a relay with a 110VAC coil (or 230VAC, whatever you have in
your place of the world) and use that to interface to a serial port. Wire
the contacts such that it mimics one of the many 'dumb' serial interface
UPSes and off you go.

Regards,
Arjen