[Nut-upsuser] UPS driver unknown

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 20 14:41:08 UTC 2005

> Fuden Electronics  PCSTAR  PT1000.
>
> http://www.fuden.com.tw/uninterruptible_power_supply_ups_off-Line_pcstar-1.h
> tm
>
> I have found that with the genericups upstype=7 driver I can see the
> ups.status going from "OL" to "OB" when I unplug the UPS.

I think you already have found the correct driver for your UPS. Many cheap
UPSes (and judging from the Fuden site, this is not a particularly
expensive one) are contact closure types. Check (with your computer NOT
powered from the UPS) if it also sees the status going from "OB" (on
battery) to "OB LB" (low battery) after a while. If that's the case,
you're doing fine with the genericups driver as it is. You may want to
connect a lightbulb to the UPS output, to speed up draining the battery.

Regards,
Arjen