[Nut-upsuser] Finding MGE units in North America (was: NUT online compatibility lists)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:12:50 UTC 2006

this is a bit off topic, but as there is a growing demand for our
sponsor in North America, these can be helpful to others...

2006/3/31, Mike Patterson:
> Arnaud Quette wrote on 3/31/06 3:05 AM:
> > 2006/3/30, Ian Pilcher:
>
> >> I will certainly attempt to buy one when the time comes to replace my
> >> aging Belkin model, but this is a product category in which mail order
> >> isn't exactly economical.
> >
> > where are you located exactly? I'll try help you finding a local reseller...
>
> I'd be interested in this too.  We've got a fair number of Powerwares
> and while they work admirably well as dumb UPSen, they're quite frankly
> difficult to work with and we've not gotten a great deal of help from
> the vendor or manufacturer.  (I say that without having been the person
> to talk to them; contact goes through somebody else here so I'm not
> certain that everything possible has been done to extract info from
> them.  But I'd dearly love to have things Just Work, rather than having
> to fight with them every step of the way.)
>
> In descending order of preference, I'm in:
>  Waterloo
>  Ontario
>  Canada
> But suppliers in say Michigan or New York state would be ok too.

seems I've been too optimistic when talking about "local" resellers
for small UPSs, as we didn't list these. So there are only online
resellers referenced.

Depending on the kind of UPS you're looking for, and the
quantity/services, you can search for MGE partners and resellers here:
http://www.mgeups.com/us/wtb/wtb.htm

For small UPSs, the e-tailers list is:
http://www.mgeups.com/selector/wtb/etailer.php3?country=us&l=us

I would advice for PC Mall:
http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/search/product_list.asp?id=5000&alpha=M&WTReferer=http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/cat/Hardware/PowerProtection/category.asp&wt.mc_id=10509

For Mike, there is that one listed in Ontario:
House of Electronics
1544 Pelham Street North
Fonthill, Ontario
Phone: 905-892-3146
Fax: 905-892-6026
Website: http://www.houseofelec.com

For Ian: sorry, I've not found anything in Texas. That doesn't mean
there is nothing though.

Anyway, I would advice people to lobby for alternative (ie MGE, NUT,
Linux and *bsd) at their local reseller. The more people asking for,
the more chance there are to find MGE products in the future, and
maybe resellers talking about NUT ;-)

Don't hesitate to contact me back.

Arnaud