[Nut-upsuser] Re: Finding MGE units in North America

Mike Patterson mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 5 21:13:37 UTC 2006

Ian Pilcher wrote on 4/5/06 11:25 AM:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>> Anyway, I would advice people to lobby for alternative (ie MGE, NUT,
>> Linux and *bsd) at their local reseller. The more people asking for,
>> the more chance there are to find MGE products in the future, and
>> maybe resellers talking about NUT ;-)
>>

> I can't help wondering if you've ever actually tried such "lobbying".
> I've done it occasionally for more than 10 years, going back to my OS/2-
> using days.  After spending hundreds(?) of hours arguing with slack-
> jawed sales clerks who think that Windows is the Internet I have yet to
> record a single success.

We've had some limited success getting various vendors, both large and
small, to change their tunes about what to carry or how to sell it or
how to price it.  I'm sure it depends on how much money you actually
spend with them, or at least how much you're *likely* to spend with them.

Mike

--
ABORTED effort:
Close all that you have.