[Nut-upsuser] Square One QP1010

Neil Wilson neilw at dcdata.co.za
Thu Apr 6 08:59:50 UTC 2006

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Before anything else, please upgrade to the latest stable version (2.0.3).
> The one you're using now is past its 'use by' date.
Thanks Arjen,
I've now removed the Slackware package and installed from source the
latest version.

I see that the "powermust" is included in this version, and I've tried
using it.

root at mail:/usr/local/ups# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.3
Network UPS Tools - Mustek PowerMust UPS driver 1.1 (2.0.3)
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003, 2004

Mustek PowerMust UPS, or compatible, not detected.
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Below is my config file.

root at mail:/usr/local/ups# cat etc/ups.conf
[SquareOne]
driver = powermust
port = /dev/ttyS0
desc = "Square One QP1010"

I've tried using the following, and none of them seem to give me anything.

powercom,gamatronic,blazer,fentonups and a few others so far.

I'm beggining to wonder if I have a faulty UPS, unfortunately, I've
never seen the UPS, and I can't guarentee that it's connected properly,
as I wasn't the one who connected it because we maintain the server
remotely.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Regards Neil.

http://www.dcdata.co.za/emaildisclaimer.html