[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 9120 not seen by newhidups driver?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:10:05 UTC 2006

On 4/7/06, Ken Yee <kenkyee at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone gotten the newhidups driver to work w/ the
> Powerware 9120 series?

I don't think there is a backend for it yet.

> Here's what I get for debug info (It's the Phoenixtec
> device):
>
> $ sudo lsusb
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0846:1040 NetGear, Inc.
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 06da:0002 Phoenixtec Power Co.,
> Ltd
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

As root, please run 'lsusb -vvv' and post the portion that shows your
device. If it is more than a couple of KB, please gzip the output and
attach it.

> $sudo /lib/nut/newhidups -DDDDD auto

Depending on whether the device is actually a HID UPS, or just a USB
UPS with a USB-to-serial converter built-in, you can try the "generic"
backend in newhidups. There are details in the newhidups man page, but
note that the generic backend is for debugging, and it will not
provide enough information to upsd to actually monitor or shut down a
system.

--
- Charles Lepple