[Nut-upsuser] New UPS protocol choice - Dynamix PROGRESS

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 9 21:48:48 UTC 2006

Criggie wrote:
> I have "UPSilon 2000" on CD - and on the label it says "SEC protocol"
> Can I test this with a terminal programme talking to a serial port?  I
> can't seem to get anything out of minicom.

Replying to own post (going slowly mad)  I noticed that /dev/ttyS0 did not
even exist, and nut was not saying anything about this.  So I fixed that
and now I have this:

caffeine:/etc/nut# upsdrvctl -vvv start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.2
exec: /lib/nut/fentonups -a powerpal
Network UPS Tools - Fenton UPS driver 1.22 (2.0.2)
Unknown ups - please report this ID string:
           #Dynamix         UPS 1700D  VER3.12
Detected Unknown PS 1700D on /dev/ttyS0
Communications with UPS lost - check cabling

Its a fairly new UPS model - where do I go from here?

The other UPS I have is an old PCM Powercom UPS-1200-A and I believe its a
contact-closure interface.  How do I determine which one to use?

--
Criggie