[Nut-upsuser] [2.0.3] upsd.conf: Permission denied even if

aerios aerios at free.fr
Thu Apr 20 18:42:30 UTC 2006

Peter Selinger a écrit :
> aerios wrote:
[...]
>> but when i do:
>> /usr/local/ups/sbin/upsd
>> i've got:
>> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.3
>> stat /usr/local/ups/etc/upsd.conf: Permission denied
>>
>> but upsd.conf is 0640 and set with root.ups as stated in some files
>> (INSTALL if i remember correctly).
>
> Did you check the permissions of /usr/local/ups and
> /usr/local/ups/etc?  They both need to be (at least) executable by the
> ups user, or else that file cannot be read.

That was that, .../ups was 0750, i don't know if it's from the install
or from one of my tests. But its fixed now.

[...]
>> BUT when i type:
>> /usr/local/ups/sbin/upsd -u ups
>> i.e. i gave the group as the user to the option, it gives me:
>> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.3
>> getpwnam(ups): Success
>
> This means that there is no user named "ups". The error message is
> buggy; it should be: no such user: ups. This bug is already fixed in
> the newest development version.

If its just a mesage error then it's fine. I just wanted to make sure it
was known.

[...]

That allowed me to test with upsc the settings and it seems that the USB
version is more interesting regarding the data outputed (i have the
exact same UPS as the one in the INSTALL's exemple, so it was easy to
compare with). But i've heard that serial connection was safer, does it
stands still ?

A last question:
I've got "ups.status: OL CHRG" but also have: "battery.charge: 100" is
it ok ?

Thanks for the help.