[Nut-upsuser] Ablerex MARS - SUCCESS !

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Mon Apr 24 13:21:49 UTC 2006

On 4/24/06, lonely wolf <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> Secondary question: as you can see at
> http://wdl.lug.ro/ablerex/upsilon.status.screen (and
> http://wdl.lug.ro/ablerex/upsilon.config.screen ), upsilon reports:
>      ACfail Shutdown Delay: 1440 Min
>      UPS Turn Off Delay   : 10.0 Min
> 1440 min = a 24h (maximum allowed value) delay I have setup when
> discharging the UPS, so that I can test nut while being sure upsilon
> will not shutdown the computer used for tests.
> Shouldn't these values be seen somewhere in upsc output ? How are they
> related to "ups.delay.shutdown: 2" and "ups.delay.start: 3"  ?

When NUT tells the driver to poweroff the UPS (after the machine has
completed the shutdown sequence, and before it powers off), the UPS
will stay on for "ups.delay.shutdown" minutes.

After the UPS has been powered down, when (line) power comes back, the
UPS will wait "ups.delay.start" minutes before powering itself on
again (to lower the possibility of powering on when the power just
came back momentarily).

--
Carlos Rodrigues