[Nut-upsuser] nut-usb fink version

doug reynolds mav at wastegate.net
Thu Aug 3 03:04:39 UTC 2006

Peter Selinger wrote:
> Charles Lepple wrote:
>
>> On 8/2/06, Didrik Pinte <dpinte at itae.be> wrote:
>>
>>> Le mercredi 02 ao=FBt 2006 =E0 08:08 -0400, Charles Lepple a =E9crit :

>>> Here you are :-) See below. The mailing list address seems broken ... tha=
>>>
>> t's why i've
>>
>>>  sent the mail to your private address
>>>
>> Looks strange... I am copying Peter Selinger, who is much more
>> familiar with this driver than I am. I am sure the mailing list
>> problem is temporary, so we should probably take this discussion to
>> the nut-upsdev list at some point later.
>>
>> Peter, is this at all like the CyberPower unit that you saw? The
>> usages look like they are all private.
>>

> I have only twice seen a 0764/0005 unit. The first was a Cyberpower
> 900AVR, in a post by Lincoln Turner on 13 Apr 2006 to Nut-upsdev.  The
> second was a Cyberpower 1200AVR in a post by Doug Reynolds on 27 Jul
> 2006.
>
> This device announces itself as a "RS232 USB BRIDGE", so it is highly
> unlikely that it is a HID device. It looks like a serial-over-USB
> protocol. Therefore, the newhidups driver does not support it.
>
> Doug Reynolds reported that he got this to work with a modified
> version of the cpsups driver (presumably serial!). His modifications
> are contained in the 27 Jul 2006 post.

That is the same trouble I ran into with newhidups & the cyberpower
ups.  I did get it working with the modified driver, but I am having
trouble with shutdown cmds and those kind of things.  I am planning on
debugging it further to get it working well.  once I come up with the
ups commands, making a USB driver wouldn't be to hard.