[Nut-upsuser] PowerMust 500

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sat Aug 5 09:05:32 UTC 2006

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> On 8/4/06, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> has anyone been successful in getting a Mustek PowerMust 500 to talk to
>> nut? All my attempts (tried "mustek" and "powermust" as drivers) have
>> been unsuccessful so far.
>
> What's the software that comes bundled with it? Is it "Commander Pro"
> or "WinPower"?
>
> Are you trying to use it via the serial port or USB? (Only the serial
> port is supported.)

Carlos,

it's serial, not USB. I got it from a friend of a friend without any
software. The installation guide doesn't even mention the serial port. :\

Looking around on the net, I found:

http://www.mustek.de/eng_/html/treiber/ups/ups500.htm

This seems to be the software for my UPS and it says "UPSCOMMANDER 1.0"
on the installation screen.

BTW, the box is running DragonFly (a FreeBSD derivative). I'm using
/dev/cuaa0 as the port.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx