[Nut-upsuser] Perl UPS::Nut interface

Fri Aug 11 13:02:07 UTC 2006

Charles Lepple wrote:
> Approximately when were the Perl bindings last updated?
Looks like 2002 sometime, according to CPAN.

> Prior to the 2.0 series, there was a non-hierarchical list of
> variables, and I believe some other aspects of the protocol changed as
> well.

Having looked at the perl code against the documentation for NUT 2.0.1,
I can see the problem!
> Details are in docs/protocol.txt.
>
> If there is sufficient interest, we could use SWIG to generate
> Perl/Python/language-du-jour bindings from libupsclient.

Having rewritten some chunks of it, I now have a perl module that will
at least run against NUT 2.0, although it does not yet exploit all the
information available. I am happy to make that available to people
should it be useful, although it'll be more useful in a couple of days
time - I'm developing it as I develop my web application to
drive/monitor my various UPSs. If people think it will be useful to
them, I can make it available on some website or other, or send it to
the NUT guys if they will find it useful.

Thanks for your help

Martin GK