[Nut-upsuser] Will MGE-UPS Ellipse USBS auto shutdown?

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 05:35:58 UTC 2006

I have an Ellipse USBS connected via serial cable to a CentOS 3 box.

Do I need to turn off the UPS as the final stage of shutdown, or will
the UPS power itself off, before the battery reaches a level to low to
safely recharge from?

I notice there is the option for the UPS to turn itself off (and on
again) unattended if power is restored during shutdown, but there
doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off after a delay if power is
restored.

My goal is to have the system safely shutdown and restart unattended,
as it will be running in an environment where it can't be manually
rebooted.

TIA

Ben