[Nut-upsuser] CPS GS 1500U

Matt Brei mattbrei at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 16:09:34 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Has anyone had any luck getting a CPS GS 1500U working with NUT via USB.
Its branded Geek Squad (don't ask) but it shows up in the USB device list as
the CPS 1500U.  I'm running Kubuntu Dapper with all current updates
installed, Kernel 2.6.15-26-686, NUT 2.0.3.  I've tried hidups and
newhidups.  With hidups I used port=/dev/bus/usb/001/004 which I'm sure is
the UPS device but upsdrvctl says it's not a UPS.  With newhidups I used
port=auto like the manual says and upsdrvctl says "No matching USB/HID UPS
found".  I'm not sure what else to try or if this UPS will even work via
USB.  I'm going to try with a serial cable, but I have to dig around for
one.  If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

--
Matt Brei
Brei Consulting