[Nut-upsuser] Powerdown on FreeBSD

Johan Pramming johan at pramming.net
Fri Aug 25 09:53:59 UTC 2006

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your answer.

>>On Thursday 17 August 2006 21:52, Johan Pramming wrote:
>> I have added the following to /etc/rc.shutdown:
>>
>> if (test -f /etc/killpower)

>Isn't this csh scripting..? (and rc.shutdown is sh)

True, thanks for pointing out my shell scripting skills :D

>Anyway..
>I modified /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut.sh to check for /etc/killpower by
>modifying
>the poststop function.. eg
>
>nut_poststop() {
>        ${nut_prefix}/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl stop
>
>        if [ -r /etc/killpower ]; then
>                rm -f /etc/killpower
>                ${nut_prefix}/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl -v shutdown
>	fi
>}

>I have ondelay = 13 and offdelay = 120 in my ups.conf (MGE Pulsar EX) so
>the
>system gets 2 minutes to shut down gracefully.

Much better solution, I think that is what I will implement if I ever get my
UPS working under FreeBSD.
Unfortunately there is no ondelay or offdelay in ther PowerMust driver.

>> Is it at all possible with the PowerMust driver?

>I've never used PowerMust, hopefully someone else can answer your query.

It seems that nobody have such experience.
I will probably try to install nut on my IPCop firewall instead, as I would
very much like my FreeBSD systems to shutdown gracefully.

Regards,
Johan Pramming