[Nut-upsuser] Problems with APC Smart-UPS 1500 USB and, newhidups

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Aug 25 14:38:05 UTC 2006

Paolo,

I recently fixed some bugs regarding the report descriptor retrieval.
Please try it with the newest development version from SVN. You can
follow the instructions at

http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html

under "Development tree" to get it. It might solve the problem, or if
it doesn't, at least it will give more useful debugging output.

I think the trick suggested by Brian may not work in your case,
because the error messages don't seem to indicate that there was a
problem attaching to the device. However, you should try it anyway, in
case it was a permissions problem.

-- Peter