[Nut-upsuser] NUT on CentOS (asterisk@home)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:54:31 UTC 2006

2006/8/30, Davide Ferrari <davide.ferrari at atrapalo.com>:
> El Miércoles, 30 de Agosto de 2006 15:35, escribió:
>
> > I don't see any reason to this failure, according to your info.
> > moreover, snmp-ups hasn't received much attention for long, so the
> > problem shouldn't come from the version diff between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3.
>
> Ok.
>
> > since snmp-ups is based upon Net SNMP, the problem might sit here.
> > So, did you try some snmpwalk/snmpget from the same box to see if data
> > is reachable?
>
>  snmpwalk -c public -v 1 sai.atrapalo.com
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Comet Extreme 6 kVA
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.705.1.2
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (68683888) 7 days, 22:47:18.88
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: Davide Ferrari
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: SAI
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING: Sala servidores
> SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 72
> IF-MIB::ifNumber.0 = INTEGER: 1
> IF-MIB::ifIndex.1 = INTEGER: 1
> IF-MIB::ifDescr.1 = STRING: UM9008
> IF-MIB::ifType.1 = INTEGER: iso88023Csmacd(7)
>
> (etc. etc.)
>
> so it seems to work. I've also tried to set in /etc/ups/ups.conf
>
> mips = mge
>
> according to snmp-ups manpage but it throws the same error (well, only
> changing ietf for mge in the error output).
> I really have no clues about what's happening here...

nor do I.
I vaguely remember a problem with name resolution (or alike)in
snmp-ups, due to a net snmp problem, but I can't find it back.
Possible tests:
- replace sai.atrapalo.com by its IP address
- starting snmp-ups in full debug mode (-DDDDD) will give us some more info.

A side solution is simply to set the "faulty" system as a nut slave of
one of the working system.

Arnaud