[Nut-upsuser] ups poweroff with cyberpower text protocol

Anton Piatek anton at piatek.co.uk
Thu Dec 28 19:48:54 CET 2006

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Anton Piatek wrote:
>

>> shutting down my CyberPower OP500TE doesn't seem to work.
>> Does anyone know if it is possible? (if not I will just change the
>> shutdown script as suggested in the faq, but it would be nice to do the
>> proper way).
>>

> The cpsups driver badly needs maintenance. The driver has some problems
> we can't fix, because there are no active developers for this driver. If
> you're willing to take up this task, please do so and join the upsdev
> mailinglist. Otherwise I fear that this driver will be dropped from the
> tree in a few revisions if this situation is not improved.
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Anton
>>
>> %/etc/init.d/ups-monitor poweroff
>> Shutting down the UPS ...
>> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.1
>>

> We are currently at nut-2.0.4 and nut-2.0.5 is just a matter of days
> from release. Please upgrade to the latest released version, before
> asking for support. The problem you are experiencing may (or may not) be
> fixed already.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Thanks, I moved to the Debian Etch version (Etch is close to release
anyway), and it certainly does something now. Still have to test if it
is what I am expecting.

As for the status of the driver, I doubt I can help much as I only have
the one ups, and I am not in the same location as it very often so won't
be much good for devloping...

Thanks for the reply!

Anton

email: anton at piatek.co.uk
blog/photos:			http://www.strangeparty.com
pgp: [0xB307BAEF]	(http://tastycake.net/~anton/anton.asc)
fingerprint: 116A 5F01 1E5F 1ADE 78C6 EDB3 B9B6 E622 B307 BAEF