[Nut-upsuser] close pc

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Dec 31 18:34:18 CET 2006

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 03:00:01 -0400,
  Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:

> "Enough" for what purpose? Right now all he wants to check is his
> shutdown scripts, right? Any load, large or small, will do; it's only
> a matter of waiting perhaps a bit longer until the battery gets low.
> I don't recommend doing this on a live PC.

I got the impression he was also worried about whether or not the machine
could shut down in time once the UPS had reached the low battery state.
If his machine just has a clean OS install on it, doing this test seems
pretty low risk. Obviously if he has his own data on the machine already,
he doesn't really want to be doing that.