[Nut-upsuser] USB ups on solaris

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:59:46 UTC 2006

2006/2/6, George A. Dowding <gdowdin at cs.clemson.edu>:

> Hi,
>
> I have been asked to install NUT on a Solaris 9 system.  The UPS is an APC
> Back UPS RS 1500 (link below) with an USB connection.  From reading the
> FAQ, it looks like the proper driver would be newhidups, but there is
> some development work required to map between the Solaris USB hid and
> the newhidups.  Is that correct, or am I overlooking something simpler?

I've heard, not long ago from an MGE user, that opensolaris 10 comes with a
libusb port to ugen, which is the generic USB interface we (MGE) have worked
on with Sun. I can't find it publicly, but it seems included in the
distribution. There are few things still needed to make newhidups compiles
(some unknown types IIRC) and that should be fine. The problem is that the
MGE user do not have much time, nor do I.
But if you have some, step up on upsdev, and we'll check what we can do for
Dev and 2.0.4.

Arnaud