[Nut-upsuser] preventing automatic reboot

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 20 10:28:54 UTC 2006

> I'd like to prevent my servers from rebooting when power comes back after
> power failure. With powerchute (which I used before), there is an
> "automatic
> reboot" parameter. Is there an equivalent with nut ?

If this is possible with NUT, depends on whether the driver for your UPS
supports the 'shutdown.stayoff' command. Since you mentioned PowerChute, I
assume you have an APC UPS and are using the 'apcsmart' driver. If that's
the case, the man page for this driver 'man apcsmart' will tell you
exactly what to do (set 'sdtype=2' in ups.conf).

Regards, Arjen