[Nut-upsuser] newhidups and hidups drivers

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Feb 21 23:23:05 UTC 2006

Steve,

use newhidups, not hidups. You should do either this:

 ./configure --with-drivers=newhidups
 make

(to compile only the newhidups driver - saves a lot of time), or this:

 ./configure
 make
 make usb

(to compile all drivers). Note that simply "make" does not compile any
USB drivers by default, which is an outdated behavior and one that we
should probably change.

Arnaud, what is your feeling about the "make usb" target? Does it
still serve a useful purpose? Also, are there any situations where the
hidups driver is still preferred/needed?  Perhaps we should change
drivers.txt to encourage people more strongly to use newhidups.

-- Peter