[Nut-upsuser] Status of tripplite_usb driver?

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Thu Feb 23 04:11:48 UTC 2006

Ah.  For the time being I set it up to have everything run as root.
Once it's working I'll sort out the permissions issues.

tripplite_usb is recognizing the UPS correctly:

Starting tripplite_usb: Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and
SMARTPRO driver 0.6 (2.1.0)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

Detected a UPS: TRIPP LITE/TRIPP LITE SMART1500RMXL2Ua
Using SMARTPRO protocol (3003)
Attached to Tripp Lite SMART1500RMXL2Ua

But then when upsd starts up it can't seem to communicate with the
tripplite_usb driver:

Starting upsd: Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
Can't connect to UPS [tripplite] (tripplite): No such file or directory
Synchronizing........ giving up

The ups.conf file has the following:

[tripplite]
        driver = tripplite_usb
        port = auto
        desc = "Tripp-Lite 1500RM XL2U"

This is on Fedora Core 4 if it makes a difference.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org