[Nut-upsuser] Status of tripplite_usb driver?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 24 08:49:58 UTC 2006

> there might be 2 things:
> - the Changes to 'upsdrvctl' Arjen has made not long ago,

I doubt it, Gregory is using version 2.0.3 and these changes were not
backported from Development yet (as you also indictated). Besides that,
basically the only functional change was, that it will check for both old
and new styles of the pid filenames (naming changed with 2.1.0). Other
than that, the changes are just a coding style related and have no
functional impact.

> - the volatile /var directory I've seen on Debian (don't know for other).
> For this one, check my last post about "Problems starting upsd with
> newhidups".

That would be a volatile '/var/run' directory I presume? I would hate to
see /var/spool to be cleared on reboot (we had some queued mail? not
anymore). Or doesn't Debian keep the spool directory under /var?

Regards,
Arjen