[Nut-upsuser] MGE Nova 1100 using newhidups on netBSD 3.0

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:00:04 UTC 2006

Hi Nevil,

2006/2/27, Nevil Thatcher <NevilTh at nat.com.au>:

> Have recently purchased a MGE Nova 1100 UPS and am trying to get running on
> netBSD.

IIRC, you're the first report on netBSD...
so your participation will be required

> Built & installed libusb
> Built kernel with ugen device and uhid removed
> Build & install nut-2.0.3 with usb
> Chmod /dev/ugen1 etc to allow access by nut user.

fine

> Entering libusb_get_report
>
> Can't retrieve Report 11 (-5/5): Input/output error
> new connection on fd 7           ç======== unplug & reconnect USB cable
>
> upsdrv_updateinfo...
> I am fairly new to all this, have read all the FAQ's newsgroups but can not
> find anything that seems to help.

the problem lies above in the I/O error. And is due to either libusb or ugen.
but I don't yet know why, so we'll need to investigate together.

Does it continue to work after you've unplugged/replugged?
Does unplugging/replugging always solve the issue
a good thing would be to reproduce the error after having done an
"export USB_DEBUG=3" to get more verbose libusb feedback, and newhidups -DD.

Arnaud