[Nut-upsuser] Re: Xserve, USB, NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 21:18:03 UTC 2006

On 1/7/06, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you remember what version of libusb you used with 2.0.2?

(still applicable, but I realized that you did say you got 2.0.2
working on the Xserve, so the question below is moot.)

> This partially-working state was on the Xserve as well, correct? (OS X
> has different USB claiming semantics than Linux)

I'm still sifting through the changes, and I can't see anything obvious.

There's something funky going on here:

   HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 61939)

That number should likely be less than 2000 or so.

For reference, here is the old version:

http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/tags/v2.0.2_pre2/drivers/libusb.c
(~ line 242)

and the new one: