[Nut-upsuser] Master privileges unavailable

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:31:56 UTC 2006

Hi Marc,

2006/1/12, Marc Cuypers <mozilla at mgvd.be>:

> Hi Arnaud,
>
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> My new config files are:

please send me your upsd.{users,conf} and upsmon.conf files, after having
ripped off the passwd. I think there is a mix in your conf files.

> >     2. I get mails that the ups is on battery and the next moment it is
> >     online.  The electricity was never down.  What could be the problem?
> >

> > I've a Debian bug logged for that one, but I have not yet found the time
> > to reproduce it:
> > See: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=345362
> >
> > I've made a quick test with 2.0.2 (the one shipped with Testing/Sid) on
> > an  Ellipse USBS (serial mode) and everything goes fine.
> > So please, try to upgrade to these packages and report back if you still
> > face this issue.
> >
> I haven't had the problem since, it seems to have vanished from itself.
>   I'll keep you posted.

maybe some noise from an older release...

BTW: are you coming to FOSDEM in Brussels in Februari?

sadly, no. Not this year. I won't be at Solution Linux in Paris too.
But that's for the good. And I hope to present some Power Mgt
related topic at the next year FOSDEM...

Arnaud