[Nut-upsuser] RE Addition to the list of supported UPS

Arnaud QUETTE Arnaud.QUETTE at mgeups.com
Fri Jan 13 14:33:02 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,

I've fwded your info to the list, as other people might be interested in.
I've also logged a patch tracker so that you can follow its inclusion:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=302882&group_id=30602&atid=411544

As a side note, there is a work underway to merge the similar driver
(mustek, powermust, ...)
into one named megatec. This one is only available from CVS, but if you
can have a try
with it, Carlos Rodrigues would be interested in.

Thanks for your contribution,
Arnaud Quette

Peter Rutten <prutten at ipar.de>
01/13/06 02:50 PM

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
cc

Objet
Addition to the list of supported UPS

Hello Arnaud,

I recently got a UPS which isn't in your list of supported devices.

However, with the excellent protocol information you provide I was able
to identify the protocol it speaks

The unit is marketed here in Germoney as "TRUST PW-4105 UPS 1000
MANAGEMENT"
Manufacturer seems to be Mustek

Here is what upsc says:

# upsc moriaups at localhost
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.voltage: 27.5
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
driver.name: powermust
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.0.2
driver.version.internal: 1.1
input.voltage: 222.8
input.voltage.fault: 222.4
input.voltage.maximum: 235.3
input.voltage.minimum: 216.6
output.frequency: 50.1
output.voltage: 221.7
output.voltage.target.battery: 230.0
ups.delay.shutdown: 2
ups.delay.start: 3
ups.load: 22.0
ups.mfr: Mustek
ups.model: PowerMust
ups.serial: unknown
ups.status: OL

I thought you'd eventually like to add that unit to your list

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Peter Rutten