[Nut-upsuser] newbie: Slackware servers w/ AP9617, AP9606

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Mon Jan 23 20:12:23 UTC 2006

I have a couple of Slackware servers which I have plugged into some APC UPS's.  Each UPS has a network management card in it - one is the AP9617 and the other is the AP9606.

I want the servers to shut themselves down when the UPS's go into "low battery" mode.

What do I need to install?  I've read this thread
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2006-January/000585.html

which implies I should install:
net-snmp
NUT

and that I need to configure ups.conf.  Will that work?

I must confess I'm a newbie as far as SNMP is concerned, though I've messed with Slackware a fair bit, and I've set up several Windows servers with APC's PowerChute Network Shutdown software.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer