[Nut-upsuser] Various NUT issues/questions

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Sat May 13 07:40:08 UTC 2006

On 5/13/06, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> Try poking around in /etc/rc.d, /etc/rc.d/rc.0.
>
> There is a reasonable explanation of how BSD init scripts work, with
> example scripts, at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/bsd-init.txt
>
> My understanding is that rc.shutdown is called before the actual
> shutdown procedure, and is mostly intended (I assume) for user-defined
> tasks not directly related to the physical shutdown itself.

And all the FreeBSD documentation agrees with that.

It's probably worth contacting the FreeBSD maintainer about this issue
(if he isn't already subscribed to the list) and asking where the best
place to put the shutdown script is.  You may find that the "early.sh"
script is the best place, though it may need to add the shutdown
keyword to the script to ensure it's called at shutdown.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor