[Nut-upsuser] Sweex 1000VA UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Nov 9 21:18:12 CET 2006

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

>>     So what is your upsdrvctl problem?
>> Are we talking the same UPS here?
> I have a Sweex, 800VA or so?

That is a totally different one than the Sweex 1000VA one (that shippes
with UPSmart software). Please bear in mind that Sweex is basically
rebranding stuff they buy from OEMs. So by just looking at the box (or
even the typenumber on the box), you still don't know what you're
actually getting.

Since I already had written the SafeNet driver, I thought I would buy
another Sweex 500VA UPS that listed the same software as for the 1000VA.
Much to my dismay, only the manual still mentioned SafeNet, but the
software that came with it was totally different and incompatible to the
previous version.

>> If yes, I wish I knew !
> Maybe try the source to see what the function does that is mentioned in
> the error?

No need to, it is not compatible. The 800VA and 1000VA versions are made
by different OEMs. I bet your 800VA UPS didn't come with UPSmart.

Best regards,
Arjen