[Nut-upsuser] (no subject)

Mike Hill m.l.hill at gartechenterprises.com
Thu Nov 16 15:04:11 CET 2006

I tried to run newhidups myself with the debugging messages turned on and I
got the following response:

debug level is '4'
Checking device (0000/0000) (003/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0463/FFFF) (002/002)
- VendorID: 0463
- ProductID: ffff
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
Unable to get HID descriptor (error sending control message: Operation not
permitted)
Checking device (0000/0000) (002/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (001/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
No appropriate HID device found
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.3)

No matching USB/HID UPS found

It seems like the kernel might already have a driver loaded, but I am not
that familiar with the USB system.

Thanks

Michael Hill
m.l.hill at gartechenterprises.com