[Nut-upsuser] Spurious messages on start

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Nov 16 17:17:04 CET 2006

>> And outputs on the command line:
>>
>> /etc/nut/upsd.conf is world readable
>> Connected to UPS [mge1200]: newhidups-auto
>> /etc/nut/upsd.users is world readable
>> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.4
>> Synchronizing........ giving up
>
> You see, there it is. Apparently the initial dump takes more than the 15
> seconds that are hardcoded in upsd.

Oops! This should read '5 seconds', which would bring it better in line to
the observation from your system log which shows the dump is received
about 11 seconds after the connection is made.

I will make this configurable later today with a default value of 5
seconds in order not to break existing installations.

Best regards, Arjen