[Nut-upsuser] Re: FreeBSD 6.1, MGE Ellipse ASR600USBS,

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Nov 16 20:53:37 CET 2006

Eric Masson wrote:

> Arjen de Korte a =E9crit :
>
> Hello Arjen,
>
> > This is a different problem, your driver is not answering at all and it
> > looks like the dumpall command is not processed. Upgrading to the lates=
> > development version would be a good idea now, since a few things have
> > changed in the newhidups driver lately.
>
> Ok, I've pulled rev 584.
>
> Now, the problems ;), automake, autoconf and libtool have been installed=20
>   via ports but the following happens :
>
> - autoconf 2.59 barfs with ... <snip>

You have to run aclocal first. I use the following sequence:

aclocal -I m4
autoheader
automake -ac
autoconf

However, the simplest way to populate the SVN sources is to run
"autoreconf", which does all of the above steps, as necessary, and in
the correct order.

Arnaud: could you please amend the instructions on the NUT download
website http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html (Development tree):
It should be sufficient to mention that the user should run
"autoreconf" (it is distributed with autoconf).

-- Peter