[Nut-upsuser] Re: FreeBSD 6.1, MGE Ellipse ASR600USBS, newhidups & upsd

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Nov 23 09:21:36 CET 2006

> Is it possible to just use newhidups & upsd from latest svn to test or
> do I have to install the whole stuff ?

You'll need the full source, since there are changes in other parts of the
sources that are relevant too. Provided you make sure you start up the
driver in the correct way (preferably through upsdrvctl), you would only
use the binaries for newhidups & upsd for testing.

>> Basically, this is a cosmetic bug, since after a while upsd should be
>> able to receive replies from the driver anyway (regardless whether it
>> can synchronize on the first try or not).
> In my setup, upsd has never succeeded in connecting to newhidups.

In that case, something else is probably wrong.

Regards, Arjen