[Nut-upsuser] Tripp light driver?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:32:25 CET 2006

On 11/27/06, Jeff Knerr <knerr at cs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> - make sure permissions are correct on device files:
> (this is one part i'm not sure about!)
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11 Oct 16 15:10 /dev/ups -> usb/hiddev0
> crw-rw----  1 nut nut 180, 96 Oct 16 15:10 /dev/usb/hiddev0

These first two devices are not important (hiddev is a bit of a pain
to work with, and is linux-specific, so we use libusb)

> -rw-rw-r--  1 root nut 52 Oct 16 15:10 /proc/bus/usb/002/002

libusb uses this in sarge, but later versions use
/dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<dev>. If you use the udev rule, it should set the
appropriate permissions automatically.

Let me know if you have requests for new features or bug fixes. I am
working on a solution for monitoring multiple SMARTPRO units, and
eventually we will improve the error messages regarding the USB device
nodes.

--
- Charles Lepple