[Nut-upsuser] nut 2.0.4 won't compile on AIX 5.3

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 13:04:35 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, Jurjen Oskam <jurjen at stupendous.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 08:03:21AM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
>
> > Since the drivers are separate executables, you can run 'make -k' to
> > have it build as much as it can (instead of stopping at the first
> > error). You will still see errors, but all of the necessary client
> > code should compile.
>
> This didn't work, but "cd clients ; make" did. I now have executables in
> that directory, including upsmon. Thanks!

Cool!

The following discussion is probably more appropriate for the nut-upsdev list:

> > I am a little surprised, though, because I thought termios.h was part of
> > POSIX.
>
> There is a termios.h, but it's in /usr/include.

Sure enough, when I looked at the comments in /usr/include/termios.h
from glibc, it has a POSIX reference, and /usr/include/sys/termios.h
simply includes the former file.

Actually, on the SVN trunk, dummycons has been replaced with what
appears to be a rewrite called dummy-ups, and it does not include
sys/termios.h. So it appears that the problem will go away soon. Also,
serial.h has an #ifdef switch that checks to see whether you have
sys/termios.h, and includes just termios.h if that's what is there.

If you have a chance to test the SVN trunk, instructions are here
under "Development tree":

http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html

> > What is the error when compiling dummycons.c?
>
> "dummycons.c", line 32.10: 1506-296 (S) #include file <sys/termios.h> not found.

Silly me, I should have known...

regards,

--
- Charles Lepple