[Nut-upsuser] BlueWalker Powerwalker VI Line-Interactive UPS

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Sep 20 22:02:30 UTC 2006

Michael Helmling wrote:

> Excellent, it works with megatec and /dev/ttyS0. Thank you very
> much! Someone could add that to the hardware database.
>
> Please let me know if I can provide you with any information that
> might help to get the USB interface working, too.

To get the USB interface working, start like this:

* get the latest development version of NUT from SVN. You can follow
  the instructions at http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html under
  "Development tree" to get it.

* post the output of

   drivers/newhidups -DD -u root -x generic -x vendorid=0d9f auto

  from this newest NUT version.

This should output a bunch of debugging data, and then go into an
infinite loop waiting for data. You can do "Ctrl-C" to kill the driver
(it will not do anything useful at this point).

-- Peter